I give it all to you, God, trusting that you'll make something beautiful out of me.
I will climb this mountain with my hands wide open; I know that I can trust you."
- United Pursuit
Florida just went through a huge storm. I think most floridians hated it for obvious reasons.
I heard several people saying they wanted the sun back. Yet, I felt differently.
During the week-long storm, I woke up delighted each day and went to bed thrilled each
night at the sound of the rain. and yes, in the middle of day I was happy too.
When I was little, there were month-long seasons in the Philippines when it would rain pour. I remember staring out the window and not seeing a single tree or building over the horizon... all there was was wind and gray.
The scary sound of thunder and oh, the unforgettable "brown out" excited me and everyone else I knew. It usually meant time to go run and slide on the soccer field or if it was really dangerous, it meant snuggle inside with a book or play games.
Some of my favorite memories as a child happened during typhoons.
I hope my children can experience a taste of that someday too :)
Anyways, Summer's been good so far. Good and HOT. It's not even worth being outside unless you're at the beach.
Zeb led worship with a friend yesterday on Siesta Key. It was beautiful.
Our summer has been pretty quiet, but there's some exciting things happening in our lives in the coming months.
I'm so excited to share, but I'll wait til next time :)




No comments:
Post a Comment